Follow these simple steps to help achieve the best results from your treatment
• Do not consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
• Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible for a period of 2 weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
• Schedule your Dermal Filler and Botox appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event in which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation. Results from the Dermal Filler and Botox injections will take approximately 4 to 7 days to appear. Also bruising and swelling may be apparent in that time period. Discontinue Retin-A 2 days before and 2 days after treatment.
• Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
• If you have a history of cold sores please let your provider know.
• You are not a candidate for treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Post-Treatment Instructions - Botox
• Do not manipulate the treated area for 3 hours following treatment. Do NOT receive facial/ laser treatments after Botox injections for at least 10 days. Ask your provider if you are not sure about the time frame of certain services.
• Do not down for 4 hours after your Botox treatment. This will prevent the Botox from tracking into the orbit of your eye and causing drooping eyelid.
• It can take approximately 4 – 7 days for results to be seen. If the desired result is not seen after 2 weeks of your treatment you may need additional Botox. You are charged for the amount of product used. Therefore, you will be charged for product used during any touch up or subsequent appointments, unless previously discussed with the provider.
• Do not perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for 6 hours after treatment.
Post-Treatment Instructions Dermal Filler
• Avoid significant movement or massage of the treated area. Unless instructed by the provider.
• Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
• Avoid extensive sun or heat for 72 hours.
• Avoid consuming excess amounts of alcohol or salts to avoid excess swelling.
• If you have swelling you may apply a cool compress for 15 minutes each hour.
• Use Tylenol for discomfort.
• Try to sleep face up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling.
• Take Arnica to help the bruising and swelling, start at least 2 days prior to injections.
If you have any further questions or concerns please contact us directly at the office.